Effective as of 25-05-2018
GRiSP Lda. is the controller and is responsible for your personal information.
Rua Alfredo Allen, 455/461
How your information is collected
When you participate in verbal, telephone, electronic or written communication with our employees or representatives, we may collect information from you depending on the purpose of your contact. If the reason for your communication is due to an interest in the products and/or services we provide, you are providing feedback on our products and/or services, or you are requesting our products or services, we may collect this information in order to continue communication with you as well as provide the requested products or services.
Your information is collected when you fill out our contact forms, either online or at events/exhibitions, contact our employees via telephone and/or their work email addresses, contact us using one of our other company email addresses (including but not limited to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com), when you hand us your business card and when you visit our website. Your information may also be collected if it is available on a public source, such as a website, a scientific publication or a poster at events and/or exhibitions.
Type of information collected
The type of personal information GRiSP collects, either directly or via third parties, has been taken into careful consideration. Under no circumstances, we shall collect information regarding philosophical or political beliefs, party or trade union membership, religious belief, private life, racial or ethnic origin, nor data on health and sex life, including genetic data. The information we do collect includes your:
- Job role
- Email address
- Telephone and/or mobile number
- Fax number
- Organisation you are part of
- Your delivery and billing addresses
- Any notes taken during interaction including emails and conversations
When you visit and navigate our website, information that is more of a technical nature may be collected, via third parties, and processed. This may includes your:
- Browser type and version
- IP address
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Your location and time zone
- Operating system and platform
- Organisation you are part of
- Other technology on the devices you use to access our website
What GRiSP does with your information
We process your information in a number of ways, including:
- Managing our business relationship with you
- Processing and fulfilling your orders or sample requests
- Providing quotations
- Invoicing and processing payments
- Responding to general and/or technical questions
- Addressing and requesting feedback about our products and services
- Managing cases raised due to compliments, consultations or complaints
- Enforcing our terms and conditions
Email marketing (Newsletters)
We may use your information to contact you from time to time to notify you of the following:
- Company information
- Product launches
- Product information
- News and events
- Customer surveys
If you no longer wish to receive email marketing communication from us you can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link within the email/newsletter or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The technical information gathered and processed when you visit and navigate our website may be used to help us with any marketing analytics and related research we may carry out to improve our website or overall business.
Data retention and disclosure
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and the applicable legal requirements.
We may provide your personal information to a subsidiary, affiliated company, third party service provider or other trusted business acting on behalf of or jointly with us for the purposes of processing your personal data as described in this policy. We would like to reassure you that we will never rent or sell your information to anyone under any circumstances.
We have implemented security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. Our employees, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, third party service providers and other trusted businesses will only process your data on our instructions.
The reason for which we process your information
We endeavor to grow and develop our business and we recognize working with our customers, potential customers, distributors/agents, potential distributors/agents, suppliers or potential suppliers is an important aspect of providing, developing and improving our products and services. The main lawful basis for which we process your personal data is where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, and your interests, rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
Our specific interests are:
- To perform our core business functions of selling our products and processing your orders
- To develop and improve our products and services
- To respond to your enquiries and requests for information, products and services
- To market our products and provide you with information we feel may be of interest to you
As a manufacturer of kits and reagents for Life Science Research, we recognize a mutual interest between ourselves and businesses and organizations that use these type of products.
We may also process your personal data to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between yourselves and us.
Your rights are important
When it comes to your personal information, we are aware of your rights and consider them of the upmost importance.
You have the right to:
- Request from us the information we hold about you and the source of this information
- Request that we rectify any information we are holding
- Restrict our processing of your information
- Object to direct marketing
- Request that your data be transferred
- Withdraw your consent to us processing your data
- To be erased from our system
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Moreover, you also have the right to file a complaint with the “Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados” (CNPD), the Portuguese supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.cnpd.pt). However, we would appreciate it if you contacted us first so we can try to resolve the issue for you.